Lars S. Linnet

I have started using Netbeans at work, which is quite a nice Developer IDE, with support for plenty of different programming languages. But found out that when I opened a file in UTF-8, it used ISO to render it with, which is really bad when working with the Danish letters æøå.
I found a little configuration option for it that changes the default file.encoding for all files.
You open up the file "/etc/netbeans.conf"
Find the line that starts with "netbeans_default_options="
go to the end of it, and insert (before the quotation mark) this "-J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" (without the quotes).